And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Philippians 1:6 (NLT)
In 1940, 13 churches came together to say, “We can better reach California for Christ together.” From those humble beginnings California Southern Baptist Convention has grown to more than 2,200 congregations. For 75 years, CSBC has used the Great Commission as its standard to make an impact on the Golden State.
Ours is a rich heritage because during the past 75 years, California Southern Baptists have cooperated to:
- plant churches in response to a growing and diverse population,
- resource churches to effectively evangelize and reach their communities for Christ,
- feed, love and proclaim the Word of God to migrant workers and their families,
- rebuild communities after disasters such as wildfires, earthquakes and floods while also sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ,
- pour into the lives of countless preschoolers, children and youth who desperately need Christ,
- do whatever is necessary to ensure Californians have the opportunity to hear the gospel.
The last 75 years have been all about the good work Christ began within us, and those years will propel California Southern Baptist congregations to have an even greater impact on our state. Three elements – praying, going and sharing, and giving – are essential for the California Mission Offering to help in reaching the more than 33 million Californians who don’t know Christ.
Reaching our state will take all of us ministering cooperatively to tell our families, friends, neighbors, classmates and coworkers about Jesus and the hope He provides. There is much to be done, but we must continue our labors in Christ’s harvest field “Until It’s Finished” and He returns.
Please join other California Southern Baptists during this Season of Prayer and offering so others may hear of Him who gave His life that we might live with Him eternally.